Sunday, 15 June 2008

MALDIVIANS FUK’N ROCK !!!

By: Mujuthaba


It’s during these times I wish I was home. Instead I ended up in a country where most people think football is a game for girls, PATHETIC. Myself being a die-hard fan of football, I woke up at 0200hrs and started watching the 4” x 3” box in the ROL site. It wasn’t the ideal way of watching the ‘game of years to come’.


It was frustrating at the Indian fouls, although, I must be honest; they did play a good game and made my heart skip a beat couple of times. Game went on, and I may never have had so much adrenalin rush in my blood recently, wondering who the hell’s going to score first. Just as I thought we would go into extra two halves of play, an unpredicted goal, AMAZING. Right at the moment we all wanted, the last minutes of the game. I threw away my winter blanket and started yelling in the middle of the night.


Seeing the Maldivian support in Sri Lanka was just beyond imaginable, that was AWESOME work. The ecstatic atmosphere in Male’ was one I have never seen before. It has been a while since the Maldivians (flooded by political disparities) had cohered. At least a good thing came out of sports. How I wish this togetherness sticks for a longer time to come.


Thanks to the Maldives National Football Team for filling in patriotism among our people through a MAGNEFICIENT show of sportsmanship. MALDIVIANS ARE BEYOND AWESOME!!! WE FUK’N ROCK!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stole the words right out of my lips!:)WE REALLY DO FUK'N ROCK!!!I would gladly lose my voice[like I did in the last 2 games]over&over again,just to relive THAT particular magical moment when the winnng goal was scored.NOTHING,ABSOLUTELY nothing can compare to it!I'm NEVER gonna forget this.I hope&pray that we do not sync out of this winning streak in unity mode.It brings tears to my eyes to witness the entire nation of Maldives playing one song with al their hearts&spirits.YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
-From a homesick daughter of the Maldive Isles-

Anonymous said...

You stole the words right out of my lips!:)WE REALLY DO FUK'N ROCK!!!I would gladly lose my voice[like I did in the last 2 games]over&over again,just to relive THAT particular magical moment when the winnng goal was scored.NOTHING,ABSOLUTELY nothing can compare to it!I'm NEVER gonna forget this.I hope&pray that we do not sync out of this winning streak in unity mode.It brings tears to my eyes to witness the entire nation of Maldives playing one song with al their hearts&spirits.YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
-From a homesick daughter of the Maldive Isles-

Husein Zinan said...

contratulations to Maldives National Team ... Well done.

Yes it was a celebration of a lifetime in Maldives. Can never forget that.